Information for Year 6 Parents/Carers
Academic Year 2022-2023
We believe that close links between home and the Academy are crucial to the success of your child and we hope that you will help us to achieve this objective.
The Ofsted report (February 2019) commented that the transition arrangements in place at Hamstead Hall ensured that the teachers built on what the pupils had already learnt in their primary school. We have achieved by valuing each child, their welfare and being totally committed to each child fulfilling their potential. We are proud of our achievements and look forward to building on them with your support.
I would like to take the opportunity of sharing with parents/carers and children what some of our key expectations are at Hamstead Hall Academy:
We expect our students to have excellent attendance by being in school every day. We request support from our parents/carers to ensure their child attends school every day.
- We have one of the highest attendance rates in the city. We achieve this by informing parents/carers immediately of any absence via ‘text’ and by not allowing holidays during term time.
- We also have an excellent record for punctuality and expect all students to arrive at the Academy every day by 8.35. We hope we can count on our parents/carers to stress the importance of being on time to their children.
- We are sure you agree that attendance at Parents’ Evenings/meetings is essential for your child’s education. There are at least ten evenings over five years and we expect parents/carers to attend all Parents’ Evening/meetings to discuss their child’s progress. Some Parents’ Evenings may be online and some may be face to face.
- In all years, children may be required to stay after 3.15 pm to attend extra classes. These are not optional, but obviously parents/carers will be given notice; therefore, the collection of younger brothers and sisters will not be possible.
- Participation in sport is compulsory and we reserve the right to ask children to participate in sport, even if they have a slight cold.
This is an important meeting and your attendance will show us your commitment as a parent/carer to work with us to support your child’s transition at Hamstead Hall Academy.
We hope that this will be an enjoyable and informative day for your child and we look forward to meeting you on Wednesday 6th July 2022.
Mrs C O’Sullivan
Assistant Head of School