Hamstead Hall Academy Trust Priorities 2014-17
We will place learning at the heart of our community; creating an education sector that will support learners of all ages to secure a better future for themselves and for our local area. We will ensure that every learner progresses into productive employment, education or training. We will acheive this by carrying out the following actions.
- Student progress and achievement Ensure that the attainment and progress of all groups of learners in our academies are above the national average.
- Quality of teaching Ensure that best practice is shared across our academy trust and that every teacher aspires to be outstanding.
- Quality of education Encourage collaboration between our academies so that learners benefit from rich learning experiences (inside and outside of the classroom) that impact positively on enjoyment and engagement. Through the Hamstead Hall Learning Partnership, develop collaboration with partner schools in Birmingham and beyond to ensure excellent transition and support for literacy and numeracy.
- Behaviour and safety of students To foster PRIDE (Perseverance, Respect, Independence, Diversity, Excellence) throughout all academies so that all learners are happy and feel safe.
- Value for money Ensure that each of our academies is well supported and adequately resourced to ensure the best outcomes for all groups of learners.
- Leadership and Management Ensure that Governance in all of our academies is well informed and supports accurate and perceptive self-evaluation Support the recruitment and retention of high quality staff Embed appraisal so that every member of staff feels valued and well supported to excel at their job. Ensure robust safeguarding procedures are in place.
- Estates Improve Hamstead Hall Trust facilities. Ensure that our academies meet the highest health and safety standards.
Refer to each academies’ respective improvement plan for more detail on how member schools will help to meet these priorities.
Hamstead Hall Academy Trust responsibilities
- Development of the Hamstead Hall Academy Trust vision and core values.
- Determining the level of delegation to each local governing body.
- Governor training
- Recruitment of Heads of School (jointly with the local governing body)
- Performance Management of the Executive Principal
- Performance Management of the Heads of School (jointly with the local chair of governors)
- School target setting and improvement planning sign off
- School budget approval
- Staff contracts
- School admissions and appeals
- Marketing and public relations
- School policies
Campus wide management
- Financial and administrative policies
- Planning, budgeting and reporting procedures
- Statutory compliance and risk management (health and safety, equality etc)
- Estates management
- IT network management
- Reprographic and publishing services
- Major procurement
- Support for the implementation of the school improvement plan
- Individual monitoring of schools via key performance metrics
- Support for the professional development of staff
Local Governing Body responsibilities
- Implementation of the Hamstead Hall Academy Trust vision and core values
- Curriculum provision
- Quality of the classroom experience
- Quality of work placement experience (where appropriate)
- Student attainment and progress
- Student attendance and punctuality
- Enrichment activities (clubs, visits, extra curricular activities)
- School improvement plan implementation
- Budget management
- Special educational needs provision
- Statutory compliance and risk management
- Student behaviour and safety
- Student exclusions and appeals
Oversight of staff matters and performance management
- Review of staffing structure for efficiency and affordability
- Evaluate performance management systems and scrutinise any reward payments
- Staff disciplinary issues (with Hamstead Hall Academy Trust support especially in relation to grievance issues/dismissals)
Relationships and marketing
- Parent relations
- Student recruitment
- Community relationships (businesses, arts and sports organisations and partner schools)
- Establish and review policies and procedures, reflecting Hamstead Hall Academy Trust key criteria
- Provide feedback to Hamstead Hall Academy Trust on the effectiveness of policies